At Mootivation Technologies Corp., we are serious about protecting your privacy. As evidence of our commitment to personal privacy, we are a proud signatory of the Student Privacy Pledge.
What information does the Application obtain and how is it used?
User Provided Information
When a user logs into our Application, we will collect and store the following information: Moodle Username, First Name, Last Name. If you are assigned a dashboard user role, we will collect and store your email address in addition to a hashed password chosen by the user to gain access to this part of the Application.
Automatically Collected Information
The Application collects anonymous user metrics via Mixpanel mobile analytics. These metrics collect information on how users interact with the Application.
Which servers are used and where are they located?
Our services are hosted on Microsoft Azure. Our Global server is located in Toronto, Canada, and our E.U. server is located in Frankfurt, Germany.
How Information is Used
We do not collect, use, or share such information for any purposes beyond the authorized educational or school purposes, or as authorized by the student or parent. We do not sell any information collected by our Application. The information is collected to allow users to access the Application and to allow organizations to manage the Application to suit their needs. Student names are used to enhance social features within the Application and to allow the organization to easily monitor users, and to award coins and items. We will use the anonymous user metrics to improve the user experience and to guide further development.
Does the Application collect precise real-time location information of the device?
This Application does not collect precise information about the location of your mobile device.
Children’s Privacy and COPPA
As a parent, teacher, or school, you’ve probably done a lot of thinking about protecting your children’s privacy on the Internet. We have been thinking and working hard to provide you with the best information and the highest quality interaction on the Internet in an environment that is safe. In compliance with COPPA (the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) and the GDPR regulations in the EU, we have adopted the following policies to keep students safe:
- We do not use the Application to knowingly solicit data from children under the age of 16 without prior verifiable consent from a parent or guardian. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact the school and contact us at [email protected] We will delete such information from our files within two weeks.
- If a parent or guardian would like to prevent their child from accessing the Application, they can contact the school to remove their child from the Application through the Moodle plugin permissions.
- We will NOT knowingly provide any direct link to other apps or websites that are unsuitable for children or teens.
- We advise children under the age of 16 that you MUST obtain written permission from your parent or guardian on a school policy form before sharing ANY personal information in the Application.
- We advise schools to be COPPA and GDPR compliant. If you are a teacher or a school knowingly using our Application with children under the age of 16, you must obtain parental consent from these students prior to using the Application.
Do third parties see and/or have access to information obtained by the Application?
Only aggregated, anonymous data is periodically transmitted to external services to help us improve the Application and our service. We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We may disclose User Provided and Automatically Collected Information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
What are my opt-out rights?
You can stop all collection of information by the Application easily by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network. You man also remove functionality of the Application by having the school change the user permissions in the Moodle plugin.
GDPR, Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We process personal data as a Processor as defined by the GDPR regulations.
We will retain User Provided Information for as long as you use the Application and for 3 months thereafter the last user login. The sole purpose of retaining this User Provided data is to save the progress the user has made in the Application. We will retain Automatically Collected anonymous information for up to 12 months and thereafter may store it in aggregate. You have the right to request a copy of your data. If you would like to review, update, or delete any user-provided information, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) and Director Jeff Campbell by email at [email protected]. Please note, we may require you to verify your identity to support these requests.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the information we process and maintain through Microsoft Azure. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches. In the event of a security breach, we will notify the account holders in order to contact users within 72 hrs of discovering the breach.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Application, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at [email protected]